Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
Quotes Page 27
- All the earth, though it were full of kind hearts, is but a desolation and a desert place to a mother when her only child is absent.
- Elizabeth Gaskell
- You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.
- Mary Tyler Moore
- My mother's great. She has the major looks. She could stop you from doing anything, through a closed door even, with a single look. Without saying a word, she has that power to rip out your tonsils.
- Whoopi Goldberg
- Tact is after all a kind of mind reading.
- Sarah Orne Jewett
- There is no influence so powerful as that of the mother.
- Sarah Josepha Hale
- There are two ways of meeting difficulties. You alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to meet them.
- Phyllis Bottome
- The older I become, the more I think about my mother.
- Ingmar Bergman
- Motherhood cannot finally be delegated. Breast-feeding may succumb to the bottle; cuddling, fondling, and paediatric visits may also be done by fathers...but when a child needs a mother to talk to, nobody else but a mother will do.
- Erica Jong
- At the moment that a boy of 13 is turning toward girls, a girl of 13 is turning on her mother. This girl can get rather unreasonable, often saying such comical things as 'Listen, this is my life!'
- Bill Cosby
- A good laugh is sunshine in a house.
- My son is my son till he gets him a wife, But my daughter's my daughter all the days of her life.
- Author Unknown
- Whereas nature turns girls into women, society has to make boys into men.
- Anthony Stevens
- There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets in the future.
- Graham Greene
- We have no more right to put our discordant states of mind into the lives of those around us and rob them of their sunshine and brightness then we have to enter their houses and steal their silverware.
- Julia Seton
- A fluent tongue is the only thing a mother don't like her daughter to resemble her in.
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan
Mothers Quotes Page 28
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.