Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
Quotes Page 26
- Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third.
- Marge Piercy
- Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.
- Zelda Fitzgerald
- As a child you never quite understood how your mom was able to know exactly what you were thinking... Sometimes Mom would know what you were thinking before the thought entered your head. 'Don't even think about punching your brother,' she would warn before you had time to make a fist.
- Linda Sunshine
- Nothing has a better effect upon children than praise.
- Sir Philip Sidney
- Silence may be as variously shaded as speech.
- Edith Wharton
- Thou, straggler into loving arms,
Young climber up of knees,
When I forget thy thousand ways,
Then Life and all shall cease.
- Mary Lamb
- You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
- Beverly Sills
- What do girls do who haven't any mothers to help them through their troubles?
- Louisa May Alcott
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.
- Helen Keller
- When a child enters the world through you it alters everything on a psychic, psychological and purely practical level.
- Jane Fonda
- The role of mother is probably the most important career a woman can have.
- Janet Mary Riley
- Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease.
- Lisa Alther
- It was my mother who gave me my voice. She did this, I know now, by clearing a space where my words could fall, grow, then find their way to others.
- Paula Giddings
- And can I ever cease to be
Affectionate and kind to thee,
Who was so very kind to me?
- Anne Taylor
- Time is the judge. If you manage to pass on what you have to next generation, then what you did was right.
- Barbara Kingsolver
- The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not our circumstances.
- Martha Washington
- If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.
- Margaret Thatcher
- The real secret behind motherhood love, the thing that money can't buy.
- Anna Crosby
- As a mother, my job is to take care of the possible and trust God with the impossible.
- Ruth Bell Graham
Mothers Quotes Page 27
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.