Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
Quotes Page 25
- As a parent you try to maintian a certain amount of control and so you have this tug-of-war ... You have to learn when to let go. And that's not easy.
- Aretha Franklin
- The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended - and not to take a hint when a hint isn't intended.
- Robert Frost
- It was my mother who taught us to stand up to our problems, not only in the world around us but in ourselves.
- Dorothy Pitman Hughes
- Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaries jobs in my field since the payment is pure love.
- Mildred B Vermont
- I stood in the hospital corridor the night after she was born. Through a window I could see al the small, crying newborn infants, and somewhere among them slept the one who was mine. I stood there for hours filled with happiness until the night nurse sent me to bed.
- Liv Ullman
- Forget the past and live the present hour.
- Sarah Knowles Bolton
- Remember your dreams.
- Maryanne Radmacher-Hershey
- My mother wanted me to be her wings, to fly as she never quite had the courage to do. I love her for that. I love the fact that she wanted to give birth to her own wings.
- Erica Jong
- There came a moment quite suddenly a mother realised that a child was no longer hers. ... without bothering to ask or even give notice, her daughter had just grown up.
- Alice Hoffman
- Take your work seriously, but never yourself.
- Margot Fonteyn
- If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
- Anne Bradstreet
- The mother is the most precious possession of the nation, so precious that society advances its highest well-being when it protects the functions of the mother.
- Ellen Key
- Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.
- Grace Hansen
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Muriel Strode
- Loving a child is a circular business ... the more you give, the more you get, the more you get, the more you give.
- Penelope Leach
Mothers Quotes Page 26
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.