Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
Quotes Page 24
- Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong.
- Ella Fitzgerald
- My love for her and my hate for her are so bafflingly interwined that I can hardly see her. I never know who is who. She is me and I am she and we're all together.
- Erica Jong
- My mother is my mirror and I am hers. What so we see? Our face grown young again.
- Marge Piercy
- In the evening, after she has gone to sleep, I kneel beside the crib and touch her face, where it is pressed against the slats, with mine.
- Joan Didion
- We are together, my child and I. Mother and child, yes, but sisters really, against whatever denies us all that we are.
- Alice Walker
- Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.
- Lady Bird Johnson
- My mother taught me to walk proud and tall 'as if the world was mine'.
- Sophia Loren
- What really matters is what you do with what you have.
- Shirley Lord
- Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold.
- Andre Maurois
- You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
- Desmond Tutu
- A sweater is a garment worn by a child when the mother feels chilly.
- Barbara Johnson
- One time I ran out of the store and took the bus home by myself after my mother asked a salesclerk where the 'underpants' counter was. Everyone in the store heard her. I had no choice.
- Phyllis Theroux
- My mother's best advice to me was: 'Whatever you decide to do in life, be sure that the joy of doing it does not depend upon the applause of others, because in the long run we are, all of us, alone.'
- Ali MacGraw
- The doctors told me that I would never walk, but my mother told me I would, so I believed my mother.
- Wilma Rudolph, American athlete
- Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries.
- Sister Corita Kent
Mothers Quotes Page 25
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.