Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
Quotes Page 19
- A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.
- Carl Sandburg
- You can sort of be married, you can sort of be divorced, you can sort of be living together, but you can't sort of have a baby.
- David Shire
- It sometimes happens, even in the best of families, that a baby is born. This is not necessarily cause for alarm. The important thing is to keep your wits about you and borrow some money.
- Elinor Goulding Smith
- All the time a person is a child he is both a child and learning to be a parent. After he becomes a parent he becomes predominantly a parent reliving childhood.
- Benjamin Spock
- Parenthood remains the greatest single preserve of the amateur.
- Alvin Toffler
- I never thought that you should be rewarded for the greatest privilege of life.
- May Roper Coker on being chosen Mother of the Year
- If you've never been hated by your child, you've never been a parent.
- Bette Davis
- The presidency is temporary - but the family is permanent.
- Yvonne de Gaulle on her priorities as wife of French President Charles de Gaulle
- You have a wonderful child. Then, when he's 13, gremlins carry him away and leave in his place a stranger who gives you not a moment's peace... You have to hang in there, because two or three years later, the gremlins will return your child, and he will be wonderful again.
- Jill Eikenberg
- Life...would give her everything of consequence, life would shape her, not we. All we were good for was to make the introductions.
- Helen Hayes
- Who is it that loves me and will love me for ever with an affection which no chance, no misery, no crime of mine can do away? It is you, my mother.
- Thomas Carlyle
- And it came to me, and I knew what I had to have before my soul would rest. I wanted to belong - to belong to my mother. AN din return - I wanted my mother to belong to me.
- Gloria Vanderbilt
- A mother has, perhaps, the hardest earthly lot; and yet no mother worthy of the name ever gave herself thoroughly for her child who did not feel that, after all, she reaped what she had sown.
- Henry Ward Beecher
- Only a mother knows a mother's fondness.
- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu
- I shall never forget my mother, for it was she who planted and nurtured the first seeds of good within me. She opened my heart to the lasting impressions of nature; she awakened my understanding and extended my horizon and her percepts exerted an everlasting influence upon the course of my life.
- Immanuel Kant
- Cornelia, the mother of the Gracchi, once entertained a woman from Campania at her house.
Since the woman made a great show of her jewels, which were among the most beautiful of the time, Cornelia detained her conversation until her children came home from school.
Then, pointing to her children, she said, 'These are my jewels.'
- Valerius Maximus
Mothers Quotes Page 20
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.