Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
Quotes Page 16
- Families with babies and families without are so sorry for each other.
- Ed Howe
- No animal is so inexhaustible as an excited infant.
- Amy Leslie
- I told my mother-in-law that my house was her house, and she said, "Get the hell off my property."
- Joan Rivers
- The love we give away is the only love we keep.
- Elbert Hubbard
- My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
- Mark Twain
- Education commences at the mother's knee, and every word spoken within the hearing of little children tends towards the formation of character.
- Hosea Ballou
- The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.
- Calvin Trillin
- A sweet child is the sweetest thing in nature.
- Charles Lamb
- Life's aspirations come in the guise of children.
- Rabindranath Tagore
- I was born because my mother needed a fourth for meals.
- Beatrice Lillie
- Mothers are a biological necessity; fathers are a social invention.
- Margaret Mead
- My mother loved children - she would have given anything if I had been one.
- Groucho Marx
- There are two lasting bequests we can give our children:
One is roots.
The other is wings.
- Hodding Carter, Jr.
- Being considerate of others will take your children further in life than any college degree.
- Martin Wright Edelman
- The country clubs, the cars, the boats,
Your assets may be ample,
But the best inheritance
You can leave your kids
Is to be a good example.
- Barry Spilchuk
- When a child asks you something, answer him, for goodness' sake. But don't make a production of it. Children are children, but they can spot an evasion quicker than adults, and evasion simply muddles 'em.
- Harper Lee
- To show a child what once delighted you, to find the child's delight added to your own, this is happiness.
- J B Priestley
- All kids are gifted; some just open their packages earlier than others.
- Michael Carr
Mothers Quotes Page 17
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.