Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
Quotes Page 14
- O wondrous power! how little understood,
Intrusted to the mother's mind alone,
To fashion genius-to form the soul for good.
- Mrs. Hale
- If I am Thy child, O God, it is because Thou gavest me such a mother.
- St. Augustine
- For when you looked into my mother's eyes you knew, as if He had told you, why God had sent her into the world...it was to open the minds of all who looked to beautiful things.
- James M. Barrie
- The happy family is but an earlier heaven.
- Sir John Bowring
- A woman's love is mighty, but a mother's heart is weak, and by its weakness overcomes.
- Mother's love grown by giving.
- Charles Lamb
- All life's joys are doubled when you share them.
- George Webster Douglas
- What the heart gives away is never gone... it is kept in the hearts of others.
- Robin St. John
- The first home was made when a woman, cradling in her loving arms a baby, crooned a lullaby. The home is a tryst-the place where we retire and shut the world out.
- Elbert Hubbard
- There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.
- Henry Ward Beecher
- The bearing and the training of a child is woman's wisdom.
- Mother- the essence of loveliness,
The Beauty of a rose,
The sprakle of a dewdrop
And sunset's sweet repose.
- Lydia M. Johnson
- She was the best of all mothers, to whom I owe endless gratitude.
- Thomas Carlyle
- Men make a camp; a swarm of bees a comb; Birds make a nest; a woman makes a home.
- Arthur Guiterman
- In the man whose childhood has known caresses, there is always a fibre of memory that can be touched to gentle issues.
- George Eliot
- The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions - the little soon-forgotten charities of a kiss or smile, a kind look or heartfelt compliment.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Womanliness means only motherhood;
All love begins and ends there, - roams enough,
But, having run the circle, rests at home.
- Robert Browning
- Babies do not want to hear about babies; they like to be told of giants and castles, and of somewhat which can stretch and stimulate their little minds.
- Samuel Johnson
- No Poet's pen. nor artist's brush
Ever could reach high enough
To write a mother's name.
- So for the mother's sake the child was dear,
And dearer was the mother for the child.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- The future destiny of the child is always the work of the mother.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Mothers Quotes Page 15
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.