Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
Quotes Page 21
- Boys are found everywhere - on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.
- Alan Marshall Beck
- When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies. And now when every new baby is born its first laugh becomes a fairy. So there ought to be one fairy for every boy or girl.
- James Matthew Barrie
- Children should be taught not the little virtues but the great ones. Not thrift but generosity and an indifference to money; not caution but courage and a contempt for danger; not a desire for success but a desire to be and to know.
- Natalia Ginzburg
- When I stopped seeing my mother with the eyes of a child, I saw the woman who helped me give birth to myself.
- Nancy Friday
- Children have more need of models than critics.
- Joseph Joubert
- Every Child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.
- Tagore, Rabindranath
- Fifty-four years of love and tenderness and crossness and devotion and unswerving loyalty. Without her I could have achieved a quarter of what I have achieved, not only in terms of success and career, but in terms of personal happiness...She has never stood between me and my life, never tried to hold me too tightly, always let me go free...
- Noel Coward
- Many people have said to me 'What a pity you had such a big family to raise. Think of the novels and the short stories and the poems you never had time to write because of that.' And I looked at my children and I said, 'These are my poems. These are my short stories.'
- Olga Masters
- Babies don't need fathers, but mothers do. Someone who is taking care of a baby needs to be taken care of.
- Amy Heckerling
- Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.
- Judy Garland, to her daughter, Liza Minelli
- Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven.
- Henry Ward Beecher
- I think my life began with waking up and loving my mother's face.
- George Eliot
- A daughter reminds you of all the things you had forgotten about being young. Good and bad.
- Maeve O'Reilly
Mothers Quotes Page 22
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.