Jokes.Net: Time for a Laugh
Quotes Page 12
- "I looked on child-rearing not only as a work of love and duty but as a profession that was fully as interesting and challenging as any honorable profession in the world and one that demanded the best that I could bring it."
- Rose Kennedy
- "The story of a mother's life: Trapped between a scream and a hug."
- Cathy Guisewite, "Like Mother, Like Daughter"
- "I affirm my profound belief that God's greatest creation is womanhood. I also believe that there is no greater good in all the world than motherhood. The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation."
- James E. Faust, April 1993 General Conference
- "Motherhood is the one thing in all the world which most truly exemplifies the God-given virtues of creating and sacrificing. Though it carries the woman close to the brink of death, motherhood also leads her into the very realm of the fountains of life and makes her co-partner with the Creator in bestowing upon eternal spirits mortal life."
- President David O. McKay, Gospel Ideals
- "Her dignity consists in being unknown to the world; her glory is in the esteem of her husband; her pleasures in the happiness of her family."
- Jean Rousseau
- "To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power."
- Maya Angelou
- "There was never a great man who had not a great mother."
- Olive Schreiner
- "How simple a thing it seems to me that to know ourselves as we are, we must know our mothers names.
- Alice Walker
- "Woman knows what man has long forgotten, that the ultimate economic and spiritual unit of any civilization is still the family."
- Clare Boothe Luce
- "Mother's Day is in honor of the best Mother who ever lived - the Mother of your heart."
- Anna Jarvis
- "It is not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings."
- Ann Landers
- The father of every good work is discontent, and its mother is diligence.
- Lajos Kassak
- Paradise Lost
The infernal serpent; he it was, whose guile
Stirred up with envy and revenge, deceived
The mother of mankind.
- John Milton
Mothers Quotes Page 13
* * * * * AustralianMedia.com Family Network: * * * * *
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net
Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net
HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net
© 2000 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.